Monday 14 May 2007

22 April 2007, 10:00 am [Previous Entry]

First 2 Hospitalisation of my life
My first two hospitalisation stay of my life [excluding the very first one 23 yrs ago], were back to back winthin a week. I was surposed to go for surgery on 12th april, but my stomach protested in the early morning of 12th, cold sweat + severe pain, i was 'sleeping' in the toilet... tried to clear my bowel to ease the pain, but it didn't helped... damn worried...

However, i was determined to go for surgery that day, after all the plannings i've made... mum, uncle, and ml sent me to hospital... but i was refused from surgery... it was so so disappointing... hated myself, didn't know why so heng...

after a short rest at day surgery's ward, i went to A&E to deal with my stomach... doc gave several press on my abdominal, and i 'ouched' the most around the right side, so he suspected that i was having appendicitis, ordered me to be hospitalised for observation....and after 5 hrs of waiting for the bed, i finally landed on ward 36 bed 18...

During the stay, i was poked in the ass by 2 doctors, went for an x-ray, and a CT scan, found tiny stones in my kidney, tummy pressed by don't know how many doctors, and given the 'fleet' in my ass by a nurse to clear my bowel.... the conclusion is i wasn't having any appendicitis. they guesses it was gastric flu and digestive problem... i was then discharged on monday, 16th...

actually this stay wasn't so bad, because the nurses were very caring, and there is an auntie in-charge of f&b wo will give us treats of milo & roti, and occasionally better hospital meals... keke... she's very jovial and cute... if u happened to be staying in ward 36, looked out for mdm tan! kekez... she never fail to put a smile on the patients and familes' faces.... another reward of the stay is lottery prize, my buddy went to buy my number 3618, i shared half with him, and it was one of the winning numbers in starters on sunday... kekekz... my first stay in hospital, sure must buy... kekez....

On the 19th, i went to CGH again, now finally for my knee surgery... at first, at the ward of day surgery, it was packed with patients and relatives... then i was tranported to another corner.... to wait for surgery, the number of reduced, only saw nurses in surgery costumes, then i was pushed into another room, who there was no one.... wah... i felt like i was in a mortuary, damn eerie~ and finally into operation room the doctors prepare me for surgery... then into the operating threatre, i was given the anaesthetic... after that... i was gone... gone to darkness kingdom for 3-4 hrs.... when i regain slight conscious was on my way to ward, by the way i was admited back to the same ward! ward 36! kekez so coincidence haha.... head was spinning madly.... when i reached my bed, i felt asleep again.... then 1 hr later, i woke up and i saw ml walking into the room... her timing very nice.... like tv drama... kekez... then i vomited some greenish fluid.... right leg was in terrible pain... beneath the knee brace[something like the one stone cold wears] was an ice water bag, to compress and cool the swelling on my knee..... the water bag compressed my wound till damn pain.... couldn't sleep that night... at first was because i had trouble urinating - i don't know how to urine while laying on bed, damn stress, bladder was tight, but i just can't release it..... it was after i fell asleep for 1 1/2 hr after while trying to urine, that i was more relax and finally urined! it was already 4 am but soon after that, my knee's pain agravated.... the worst pain i've experienced... called for nurse, but she said that i can only received the next dose of painkiller injection at 6am... then there goes my other 2 hrs of sleep!!

In the morning i was like a zombie, dark rings were as dark as panda's.... i still couldn't move my right leg much, but my doctor was super optimistic, say i could discharge if i want to... then came my physiotherapist, who was also very ortimistic, wanted to get me walking, but i ended up having a black-out... that was when she decided to be less optimistic... kekekez... guess thay don't know the difference of me and other similar patients.... i was injured almost a yr ago, quads muscle shrinked more than others who got it treated earlier.... i was feeling bored most of the time.... can't wait to be discharged but seems like i still have difficulties walking with crutches... then another day past... i was feeling better,because there was less swelling.... then i passed my physio's walking test, and i was allowed to be discharged..... and finally home!

I would like to give special thanks to the people who came to visit, despite the distance away from west~... kekez, Top of the list is meilian, who came everyday from jurong west to simei to shower me love and care~ 2nd, boon seng, also came almost everyday to talk cock with me and bought me the winning lottery ticket...., 3rd, raymond who came quite frequently even during his duties, where he had to send people to cgh, he would drop by to buy me stuffs..... then my mummy and uncle who 'bargeed' into the ward in wee hours after their business... and also amanda, anthony, foo, and kaicheng... who visited me and bought me goodies.......and not forgeting those who gave me their well wishes thru' sms and phone calls..... jasmine, joseph, janet, jae, mathilda, qinhua and those whom i might have missed out... and lastly, i'm gonna MC till 20th may [short but hope for more kekez].... yeah~ kekez... still have to back CGH for physio ad other appointments,,, i wonder how.. later kena stuck at train doors.. LOL~

22 April 2007, 10:00 am [Previous Entry]

No comments: