Monday 14 May 2007

2 May 2007 [Previous Post]

Mr Handicap
Its been 2 weeks after surgery, and life has been inconvenient... initially, i had to get my buddies [Boon Seng, Raymond, Kai Cheng] to help me off my bed to settle the 'releasing' problem.... i couldn't get off the hospital bed without help, and my bladder almost burst, after it reservoired many many hrs of 'water'... i'd done it on bed, with an urinal but i ended up falling a slp while waiting for 'it' to come... after that i totally couldn't do it... hence rendered my buddies' help.... luckily they were there at different timings keke... the urinal was abt 2/3 filled~ imagine that~ LOL...

Then came problems travelling... as i'm walking with crutches and my legs cannot bend totally... bus is ruled out... left with cab and mrt... which i'm using them as transport back to cgh for physio...don't ask me y not a nearer hospital, i'd answered it 10000 times.... anyway, the other day, i was quarrelling with my mum, as she insisted on sending me there... i know she's tired and it serves no purpose for her to be there, furthermore the long waiting hrs.... and i was telling her with confidence that i can make my way slowly to hospital, sure got people give me seats in train... don't worry.... haha... and i was totally wrong, after 2 trips on 4 mrt and 4 lrts... only a father carrying a baby in arms gave his seat to me.... i was really paiseh when he gave me his seat...during the most of the rest of my journey, i was standing with 1 and a half leg, leaning on the walls/doors of trains, until i find myself seats after no one is contesting for it..... i really thought it wouldn't be a problem to find seats... but i was sooooooooo wrong... disappointed~ another thing was that people looked at me like i'm an alien, a sinner, or whatever else.... point point,, stare stare, glance glance.... damn irritating... sianz...

Frankly, i think being a handicap in singapore is still to a large extent inconvenient and irritating....I really miss taking buses, cos taking bus is very much more faster than taking mrt for some places... esp. when most buses at bt panjang travels on expressways~....

Hmm... so far my leg still quite lousy.... i'm still waking up early by the pain when effects of painkillers wear-off... still using 2 crutches... my right leg is still weak, can't even lift whole leg up when sitting with 2 legs straight... yup, hence i wonder how am i able to meet the deadline - 20th may, MC's last day...wah lau... michael owen also need 11 months to return to soccer field, what is my 1 month? hmm, hopefully i can get an extension, otherwise it would be my worst nightmare cos like i said travelling is a problem i'm facing~ the average time taken to travel to work is 1.5hr - 2.0 hrs, now with disabilities, the timing will increase.... and morning i've only limited time for travelling as some services don't start so early~.... argh sianz....
my right leg with knee brace

my new 'accessories'

2 May 2007 [Previous Entry]

No comments: